A small dial extension for firefox, with a simple todo-list
Super Start is a very handy 'speed dial' extension for Firefox.
From version 4.0, SuperStart supports sites group, this feature works in the same way with iOS and Launchpad (OS X), so it should be more useful than before.
I strongly recommend that you read the FAQ before you use it, and I'll prepare a step-by-step toturial when I have time :)
v6.8 - (the latest version)
Dec 4, 2013
Version 6.8 has:
- Now it is compatible with TMP (Tab Mix Plus).
Many users reported that SuperStart doesn't work with TMP installed. So I just add this version to make it work with TMP.
Dec 1, 2013
Version 6.7 has:
- Now 'export / import' includes customized images for dials.
There are some users reported that the customized images can't be exported / imported. Now this feature is supported :) From now on, the exported package is a real portable package and you can use it to sync your dial data between any computers without any loss, even from PC to Mac, or vice versa.
Sep 15, 2013
Version 6.6 has:
- Fix a memory leak, thanks 'Rafał Sawicki' very much!
- Add Vietnamese translation, thanks 'Asuna Yuuki'.
The previous version has a memory leak, which can cause your firefox use a lot of memory. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience! And thanks 'Rafał Sawicki' for pointing it out.
Aug 3, 2013
Version 6.5.1 has:
- Fix a bug which can cause a blank page for super-start.
- Some language translations (Korean, Swedish and Italian) are updated.
Jul 18, 2013
Version 6.5 has:
- The Search Box is now back, however, you'll need to enable it from the option dialog. And there is NO 3rd part search engines any more.
- The built-in themes get updated. If you don't use 'compact mode', the snapshots get larger than before.
- Added a new theme Silver Light, please hover your mouse over the snapshots to see the effect.
- The default snapshot size is changed to 384px (width), it was 256px before.
- Some language translations are updated.
- If you don't use 'compact mode', the snapshots could be larger than before so if you find the snapshots are blur, please refresh the snapshots, we'll generate larger snapshots. And you can also set the snapshot size via 'extensions.superstart.site.snapshot.width'. The max value is 512.
- You can also set 'extensions.superstart.site.snapshot.width' to a small value (for example, 256) to reduce the memory usage.
Full Release Notes
The full Release Notes can be found here
The source code of super-start is now hosted on github.